Friday, September 23, 2011

55 – Poking some holes

It is time to put what I have learned into practice.

I created a simple floor layer and a fly around first person camera. Pressing space pokes a hole in the floor. Marvel at my advanced technology:


At first this might not seem to be related to DwarvesH, but the act of poking those holes is identical to floor digging. This is the same mesh update operation that will be used in game in a not so distant future. Since I talked a lot about 3D in my other series, I won’t be talking about it here. The only new thing is the collision detection anyway.

One thing is worth mentioning though: once I start poking holes, I get some very strange visual artifacts:


These appear and disappear based on camera movement. I do not know if it is because of me doing something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment