Monday, September 2, 2013

Tworenas Snapshot 08

Is out! On time this time!

It contains the fixed up column texturing:




And I thought that I'd start doing art asset videos:


OK, maybe next time I'll do it without v-sync on because the recording dropped the framerate to 30 FPS and movement is jerky.

For art assets I am working with someone so I expect regular new assets to be introduced. On the other hand, he is more expensive than I would like, so I'll also start to regularly model new assets. This is to speed up asset creation, with two people working on it. AS a secondary reason, it is a personal test to see how I hold up to the professionals.

This snapshot has largely the features that I spoke about in the last post, except that I figured out that I'll need to add static persistence soon, so I did dome major enhancements to saving/loading and the map format. I wanted to explain in detail, but I'm really not in the mood today to talk about binary formats and buffer offsets, but someday I'll give the exact format of the saved games.

BY AGREEING TO DOWNLOAD THIS SOFTWARE, YOU TAKE TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RESULTING FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THE SOFTWARE. I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY POSSIBLE HARM THAT CAN BE CAUSED BY THE SOFTWARE NOR DO I GUARANTEE THAT IT IS FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE INTEGRITY OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE PRESERVED WHILE BEING TRANSFERRED ON ANY AND ALL MEANS OF COMMUNICATION.

ALL RESOURCES INCLUDED FALL UNDER MY COPYRIGHT AND ARE ORIGINAL CREATIONS, EXCEPT FOR THE TERRAIN, GRASS AND SKYBOX TEXTURES, WHICH WILL BE REPLACED SOON WITH ORIGINAL OR OWNED CREATIONS. FULL LIST OF BORROWED ASSETS:
  • data\textures\bush: grass01.c.dds, grass02.c.dds, grass03.c.dds, grass04.c.dds
  • data\textures\terrain: region1.c.dds, region1.n.dds, region2.c.dds, region2.n.dds, region3.c.dds, region3.n.dds, region4.c.dds, region4.n.dds
  • data\textures\skybox: clouds-back.c.dds, clouds-front.c.dds, clouds-left.c.dds, clouds-right.c.dds, clouds-top.c.dds

Link: Snapshot 008


Changelog:
  • New version based save format with sanity checks and meant to be robust on mod change.
  • Full player stats saved. Stats are cheeked for availability and if a non existing skill is found, the character is issued a skill refund.
  • Day-night cycle saved.
  • Saves moved to "My Documents\My Games\Tworenas" or "Documents\My Games\Tworenas" or whatever your personal documents folder is inside your user folder.
  • Eliminated last remnants of the previous singleton terrain: there is no longer a global maximal terrain height stored. Each terrain holds this data now separatelly.
  • Light-shaft strength fades with day-night cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment